Click Here to be the first to review this product.
During the 12th century, the Knights Templar settled in the fertile Argens valley, the domain of the Viscounts of Marseille. It was there, in the foothills, that they built a commandery. The crude construction was rebuilt during the Renaissance then sold, along with the domain, as a national property.
Marc-Maximin Martin, a member of a Protestant family of Marseille industrialists, soap factory owners, offered to buy the Astros estate in 1802. Maximin Martin, his grandson, had a building erected inspired by Italian villas. Without descendants, he left all of his worldly goods to the grandson of his first cousin Joseph Maurel, the grandfather of the current owner.