Click Here to be the first to review this product.
Situated on the shores of Loch Indaal lies the village of Bowmore. Known as the 'capital' of the island, Bowmore is home to one of the great malt distilleries. It is thought that development of the distillery began just as the village itself began to take shape, in 1768. Bowmore was one of the first legal distilleries on the island. The establishment of Bowmore was a natural development, in line with the industrial evolution of the village. Built during a time of common grain shortages, the output of Bowmore initially reflected this influence. Whilst development of the distillery was not anticipated to be of immediate benefit to the islanders, after two centuries of continuous production, the vision of the Campbells has certainly been realised.