|Some very old elm trees ("orme" means elm in French), which no longer exist, gave their name to this property dating back to the 18th century. Located in the hamlet of Pez, in Saint-Estephe, it has been owned by the Cazes family since 1940.|
The "montagnol" Jean-Charles Cazes had a sister Mary, who, in 1880 married the vineyard manager of Chateau les Ormes de Pez. After becoming a widow this strong woman took over as manager of the property. A very rare position for a woman, in those days ! The property belonged to Marcel Alibert, also owner of Chateau Belgrave in Saint-Laurent and county councillor of the Medoc county.
In 1927, Alibert sold the property to a company called Societe Civile du Haut-Medoc whose general manager was a Dutchman : Dirk Christofel Meiners. But he went bankrupt in 1929 during the economic crisis.
The well known wine brokers Louis and Edouard Miailhe gathered together the pieces and Louis Miailhe became the director of les Ormes de Pez.
Jean-Charles Cazes and his son Andre purchased Les Ormes de Pez before the Second World War. Today it is Andre's son, Jean-Michel Cazes who manages the estate helped by the technical team of Chateau Lynch-Bages, under the control of Daniel Llose.
|Item Total||£ 0.00|
|Grand Total||£ 0.00|