|The most southerly of all the Distilleries is Bladnoch which stands on the river of that name at Wigstown on the Machars Peninsula of Galloway. This area is steeped in Celtic history and saw the beginnings of Christianity in Scotland.|
The distillery was founded in 1817 and changed hands many times during the 20 century. It was closed from 1938-1956 during which the distilling equipment was removed and shipped to Sweden. It was latterly owned by Inverhouse (1973-1983), who sold it to Arthur Bell & Sons PLC, who were subsequently taken over by United Distillers. The distillery was closed in 1993.
In 1994 Raymond Armstrong purchased the distillery and opened a visitors' centre. In 2000, production of whisky recommenced.
Although the distillery does not operate the triple distillation process, it does produce a typical Lowland style of malt whisky.
|Item Total||£ 0.00|
|Grand Total||£ 0.00|