|Glen Keith was built on the bank of the River Isla opposite Strathisla in 1957, on the site of an old meal mill. The distillery was originally set up as a three still operation using one wash still, one low wines still and a spirit still. This practice continued until 1970 when two further stills were added and then a sixth was added in 1983. When Glen Keith had a microprocessor installed in 1980 which controls milling, mashing and eventually distilling, it was very much one of the forerunners of distillery automisation. There is no warehousing at Glen Keith itself. Instead, the spirit is matured at the company's main warehousing facilities close by on the outskirts of Keith.|
Apparently in the 1970s they made a heavily peated version of this spirit known as Glen Isla, but few bottlings of this exist.