|Quinta do Crasto is located on the right bank of the river Douro, halfway between Regua and Pinhao. The quinta covers 130 hectares, of which 70 are planted with grade A vineyards. Sitting on a privileged location in the Douro Demarcated Region, Quinta do Crasto has been in the family of Leonor and Jorge Roquette for over a century. Like other great Douro quintas, its origins lie in ancient times (the name CRASTO comes from the Latin word castrum, a Roman fort). References to Quinta do Crasto date as far back as the early seventeenth century, long before the Douro became the worlds first demarcated wine region in 1756.|
Large investments were made over the last years to restructure the vineyards and install modern winery equipment, guaranteeing the production of high quality table wines, such as Crasto Douro Red, Quinta do Crasto Douro Reserva Old Vines, single variety wines (100 % Touriga Nacional and 100% Tinta Roriz) and single vineyard wines (Vinha da Ponte and Vinha Maria Teresa), as well as top port wine categories such as Late Bottled Vintage and Vintage Port. While using state-of-the-art vinification technology, the quinta has always retained its traditional foot treading method in granite tanks, called lagares. All the investments made in the past combined with the tradition and passion that is put into the wine making, has given Quinta do Crasto a prominent name in wine market scene, at home and abroad.
|Item Total||£ 0.00|
|Grand Total||£ 0.00|