Ca' La Bionda - Valpolicella Classico Superiore "Casal Vegri" 2016

Italian Red Wine
Ca' La Bionda - Valpolicella Classico Superiore "Casal Vegri" 2016

75cl Bottle £21.72
In Stock

Trade pricing and quantity discounts available.

Country of Origin


Producer Information

Key Information

Grape Information

Other Information

  • ABV13.5%
  • BodyMedium Bodied
  • Food MatchRed Meats
  • Grape TypeCorvina
  • Grape TypeCorvinone
  • Grape TypeRondinella
  • Quality DesignationDOC
  • Serving temperature Degrees C15-18
  • Style of RedLively & Fruity
  • Type of closureNatural Cork
  • Vintage2016

This is a wine of great concentration!

The nose is brimming with sour cherries and small forest fruits.

Palate: cherries and small forest fruits continue on the palate which reveals a generous body, a smooth and silky mouth feel and a long finish.

This Valpolicella is fermented in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks with the temperature kept at a maximum of 25 degrees C. Following fermentation 90% of the wine is aged for a period of 18 months in 3000 litre barrels and the remaining 10% in oak barriques. The wine undergoes a further 6 months of bottle ageing before being released commercially.

This wine is an ideal accompaniment to roast meats and pan fried steak and pasta dishes.


Be the first to review, comment or discuss.