Cocktail Kit - Old FashionedClassic
The first use of the name “Old Fashioned” for a bourbon whiskey cocktail was said to have been at the Pendennis Club, a gentlemen’s club founded in 1881 in Louisville, Kentucky.
The recipe was said to have been invented by a bartender at that club in honour of Colonel James E. Pepper, a prominent bourbon distiller, who brought it to the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel bar in New York City. The Old Fashioned is now said to be the most popular cocktail in the world. It is also extremely versatile - try using a good quality Scottish whisky, or even more surprising, a well-aged rum.
- 1 thick slice orange peel
- 1 Luxardo Maraschino cherry
- 1tsp sugar syrup
- 4 - 5 drops Angostura Bitters
- Ice cubes, as necessary
- 50ml Rebel Yell Bourbon
- Twist of lemon to garnish
- Take the orange peel and squeeze it with your fingers.
- Rub the peel around the insides of a whisky tumbler, then place into the glass.
- Add the cherry, sugar syrup and bitters, along with three ice cubes.
- Add half the bourbon and stir for about 10 seconds.
- Add more ice and the remaining bourbon and stir again for 10 - 15 seconds.
- To serve, garnish with lemon peel.
Kit contains 1 x Rebel Yell Kentucky Straight Bourbon 70cl Bottle, 1 x Angostura Aromatic Bitters 200ml bottle, 1 x Luxardo The Original Maraschino Cherries 400g Jar and a Bar Spoon Muddler.