TheDrinkShop.com Logo

Casa Lapostolle - Cuvee Alexandre Syrah 2009-12

Round and Velvety
Casa Lapostolle - Cuvee Alexandre Syrah 2009-12

75cl Bottle £16.59
In Stock


Country of Origin

Chile

Key Information

Other Information

  • ABV15.5
  • Food MatchBBQ Dishes
  • Food MatchRed Meats
  • Grape TypeSyrah/Shiraz
  • Malolactic FermentationYes
  • Type of closureNatural Cork
  • Vintage2009-12

Expressive notes of white and black pepper, meaty tones and black and red fruit, as well as an elegant touch of oak.

The palate is full, round and velvety with a long finish.

Under a semi-arid Mediterranean climate, the Las Kuras vineyard have a unique and suitable climate for grape growing.

Syrah is performing very well in the specific terroir of this vineyard. Las Kuras means "the stones", and the stony terroir allows the production of a mineral-rich Syrah. The soils are alluvial terraces with an abundance of round river rocks and gravel, similar to the famed vineyards of Graves. The high percentage of pebbles provides excellent drainage, great aeration and low fertility. The stones trap the heat during the day to deliver it by night, creating a unique microclimate. The vineyard is managed according to biodynamic principles and grapes were hand harvested.

25% of the fruit was hand-destemmed, while the remaining 75% had a triple selection of bunch and cluster on long sorting tables. The must underwent cold maceration for seven days at 8 degrees C before fermenting for fourteen days. This was followed by post-fermentation skin contact for one week. The wine underwent malolactic fermentation and it was aged in French oak barrels (sixty-seven percent new) for twenty-two months before release.

0 Comments found

Be the first to review, comment or discuss.

14 from Casa Lapostolle