TheDrinkShop.com Logo

Kloster Brauerei

www.klosterbrauerei.com   Kloster Brauerei Logo

The history of Neuzeller Kloster Brau begins in the year 1416, when the yearly register of the monks records the first delivery of grains and hops to be used to brewery beer. Unofficially, beer was brewed here as early as 1268, but only on a small scale. Finally, the Monks of Neuzeller received official permission to brew in 1589, in an act signed by Emperor Rudolf II. This allowed the monks to sell their beer in a wider area.