Ian Macleod Distillers
Ian Macleod & Company Limited was established on 26 October 1933. Leonard Russell Snr owned his own whisky broking company in 1936. He died in 1956. Ian Macleod & Co Ltd was acquired by the Russell family on 18 march 1963; Peter Russell was Managing Director.
David Russell, Peter's younger brother, joined the company in 1964 and was a Director, retiring in 2000.
Acquired the company and label called William Maxwell Leonard Russell, Peter's son, joined the company in 1989 as business development manager, and appointed marketing director in January 1993.
Ian Macleod/J & G Grant - joint venture set up the bottling operation, Broxburn bottlers, in July 1994.
Peter Russell appointed Chairman and Leonard Russell appointed Managing Director in 2000.
Ian Macleod & Co Ltd changed its name to its current name, Ian Macleod Distillers Limited, following the acquisition of Glengoyne Distillery and the Langs brands in April 2003.