Bodega del Fin del Mundo   Bodega del Fin del Mundo Logo

Bodega del Fin del Mundo was the first winery in the Province of Neuquen. Their vineyards are located in the district of San Patricio del ChaNar, 55 km away from the provincial capital (Neuquen City). The region enjoys exceptional conditions for the cultivation of grapes. There is excellent temperature variation with warm sunny days followed by cool nights which give the grapes an excellent balance of fruit and acidity, color, aromas and body, all of which is reflected in the wines. The warming rays of the sun beam down through a usually cloudless sky to allow the grapes to ripen fully; whilst low relative humidity and low rainfall (around 180 mm annually) ensures that the grapes remain healthy. It is this naturally healthy Patagonian environment Bodega del Fin del Mundo have 800 hectares of vineyards on sandy and rocky soils. The majority of vines planted are those of red varietals, accounting for around 85 % of production with the remaining 15 % reserved for whites. They nurture outstanding Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Pinot Noir and Syrah to produce our red wines and Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Semillon and Viogner for our whites. The vineyards were planted in 1999. The vines are trained on a low trellis with a single cordon bilateral system. The pressurized, computerized irrigation allows the so-called miracle of life to occur in a desert soil by drip feeding the vines. The water for this comes from the Neuquen River which itself is a result of summer snowmelt of the Andes Mountain Range. Harvest takes place between February and April.