The De Kuyper Royal Distillery can trace their history to 1695. Petrus De Kuyper worked for a coppersmith whose casks were used for transporting Dutch gin and beer.
In 1729, his son, Johannes, bought a distillery in Schiedam - the centre of Dutch gin production. Johannes De Kuyper's distillery began producing Dutch gin principally for export to Britain and her colonies.
In 1920, De Kuyper began producing liqueurs and, by the 1930's De Kuyper had produced almost twenty varieties including Apricot Brandy, Cherry Brandy, Triple Sec and Creme de Menthe.
In the 1960's liqueurs became De Kuyper's core business and they sponsored the first-ever cocktail competitions. In 1995 on its 300th Anniversary and in recognition of three centuries of distilling excellence, De Kuyper was awarded the Dutch title 'Royal Distillers'.