This 30-hectare estate is situated in the heart of the Soave Classico zone in the Veneto, north eastern Italy.
Founded by Leonildo Pieropan in 1890 and subsequently run by his two sons, Fausto and Gustavo, it was the youthful enthusiasm of his grandson Leonildo, known as Nino, that revolutionised it.
Nino and Teresita run the company now and have been joined by their sons, Dario and Andrea, both graduates in viticulture.
Pieropan attaches enormous importance to his vineyards as a source of the high quality fruit that characterises his wines. After taking over the estate, he acquired crus such as Pigno, Palestrello, La Santa and took pains to expand the existing vineyards of Calvarino and La Rocca.
The vineyards are planted primarily with Garganega and Trebbiano di Soave. His meticulous vineyard husbandry is innovative for the region and includes spur spruning, crop thinning and the use of organic fertilizers.
Pieropan believes that excellence derives from assiduous attention to detail and the results of this philosophy are evident in his immaculate winery, carefully tended vineyards and outstanding wines.