House DEVAUX belongs to the legend of Champagne since the nineteenth century.
Launched in 1846 by brothers Jules and Auguste Devaux, it is then led by three exceptional women who lead their companies with as much energy as talent. The first, Claude-Joseph Devaux (born Ducray), a widow at 39 years , founded in 1846 in Epernay House Vve A. Devaux she runs with her son Francois-Auguste. He marries Maria Augusta Herbin becomes his death in 1879 the second Devaux widow. It manages the business until 1895.
The brand has quickly success. At the turn of the century, DEVAUX exports 75% of its production, mainly in Anglo-Saxon countries, Germany and Russia.