Chateau de Chambert
The history of Chambert is associated with over 2000 years of Cahors malbec. Sifting through the archives, one can retrace a part of her history back to the 10th century!
Chambert fame culminated during the 19th century (in 1854 the vineyard was covering 392 Ha) and declined after General Bataille death in 1914 as her sister (a nun) inherited from the estate and let the vineyard turn wild. Hopefully the full vineyard was replanted in 1974 and organically grown.
Today the vineyard property, owned by Philippe Lejeune, covers about 65 ha. It is the largest certified organic estate in Cahors (ECOCERT certification) and largest South-West biodynamic estate (DEMETER certification)
1690-2016 Chateau Chambert.