Abbazia di Rosazzo
2009 marked the first vintage from the fabled Abbazia di Rosazzo property since Livio Felluga took over the running of the vineyards and winery in 1998. The Abbazia was founded in the 800s by a Dominican order of monks, and vines were already planted when it was taken over by the Benedictines in 1081. In 1751, it was given to the Bishop of Udine, who still owns it today. The Felluga family owns 200 hectares in Brazzano and was established in the 1950`s when Livio emigrated here from Istria.