Petrolo has become one of the most talked about Tuscan estates in recent years. It is situated in the Colli Aretini, bordering on the Chianti hills, in an historical area delimited in 1716 by the Grand Duke of Tuscany Cosimo III de
Medici as one of Tuscanys top four wine producing zones. The Petrolo estate was part of the old medieval fiefdom of
Galatrona, the old tower (
Torrione) of which still remains on top of Roman foundations. Luca Sanjust runs the estate and the vibrancy and intensity of the fruit that he is getting in his wines has brought them some well deserved attention.