Domaine Pierre Naigeon
Pierre Naigeon is the fifth generation of his family to be based in Gevrey-Chambertin, making wine, but Naigeons had been there since at least the 1700s, working as farmers and barrel-makers.
In 1890 the depressed wine market was in the grip of phylloxera so cooper, Fernand Naigeon, finding it difficult to sell his barrels, took the decision to fill the unsold barrels with his own wine this was the birth of Maison Naigeon-Chauveau.
Working together with his wife, Alice, Fernand Naigeon managed to grow Naigeon-Chauveau into a successful business. In 1947 Fernand and Alice’s grandson, Pierre Naigeon, took over production, gradually increasing the size of the domaine.