During the 12th century, the Knights Templar settled in the fertile Argens valley, the domain of the Viscounts of Marseille. It was there, in the foothills, that they built a commandery. The crude construction was rebuilt during the Renaissance then sold, along with the domain, as a national property.
Marc-Maximin Martin, a member of a Protestant family of Marseille industrialists, soap factory owners, offered to buy the Astros estate in 1802. Maximin Martin, his grandson, had a building erected inspired by Italian villas. Without descendants, he left all of his worldly goods to the grandson of his first cousin Joseph Maurel, the grandfather of the current owner.