Chateau Cantenac Brown
At the beginning of the 19th century, John-Lewis Brown, bought a vineyard and designed there a traditional Tudor style chateau, reminding him of his Scottish origins. His son, having the same name, esteemed animal painter and known for enjoying grand parties in Paris, led to his bankruptcy, and in 1843, a banker, Mr. Gromard, took over the estate.
After the 1855 Grand Cru Classification, Armand Lalande, Bordeaux winemerchant, extended the building. Surrounded by a remarkable British style park, the estate is since then among the most original in Medoc.
In 2006, the Simon Halabi family has given new impetus to the estate with the ambition of raising it to the highest echelons.
Jose Sanfins presently manages Chateau Cantenac-Brown. He does his utmost to make the most of the magnificent terroir, lavishing the greatest of care on the soil and the vines, with great respect for the environment.
This meticulous attention to detail continues into the cellar, where everything possible is done to produce an exceptional wine.