TheDrinkShop.com Logo

Alain Gueneau

www.sancerre-gueneau.com   Alain Gueneau Logo

Alain Gueneau's area covers 16 hectares of vines planted in AOC on fairly steep slopes around Sury-en-Vaux , Chavignol and Sancerre.

80% of the vineyards are from white land , these clay-limestone soils produce a tough wine, giving it its richness and complexity. The remaining 20% ​​are from caillottes , also called sour cherries, these stony soils that provide nice fruity notes .

The sauvignon accounts for three quarters of the grape varieties and is used for the production of Sancerre Blanc ; Sancerre red and rosé are produced from Pinot Noir .

They strive to adopt a reasoned culture with a sense of participation and the preservation of a unique heritage and full of flavour.