Chateau La Conseillante
The name La Conseillante appeared in the middle of the 18th century, when the influential Catherine Conseillan, who owned the property, decided to endow the estate with her name.
In 1871, the Nicolas family acquired La Conseillante, whose surface area (12 hectares 30 acres) and plots have not evolved since, enabling the estate to hold on to its exceptional qualities.
In 1960, Louis Nicolas heirs formed the Societe Civile des Heritiers Nicolas company.
In 2001, the organisation of the company progressed by recruiting an Estate Manager. Then in 2003, a Family Council was formed.
Since 1st February 2010, the Family Council of La Conseillante has had three members, Docteur Bertrand Nicolas, co-Managing Director since 2001, Jean-Valmy Nicolas co-Managing Director since 2010 and Henri Nicolas.
Today, the fifth generation of the Nicolas family manages the estate, symbolising the long-lasting attachment of this family to a great wine.