Chateau Lucas   Chateau Lucas Logo

On the plateau of Lussac Saint-Emilion , sacred to the Gallic Druids place, Lucius planted the first vineyards in Roman times and gave his name to the town.

The vineyard conquered the Court of England in the thirteenth century by Benedictine monks.

The Chateau Lucas owes its name to a place called "Lucas" which was named for the British presence in the region between the XII and XV century, following the marriage (in 1152) of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Henry Plantagenet King of England from 1154.