In 1850, Jean-Baptiste Laroze started a vineyard operation in Gevrey Chambertin.
He was later succeeded by Felix Laroze. In 1919, Suzanne, the daughter of Felix, married Alexandre Drouhin, who owned vines in Chambolle Musigny and the estate was henceforth called Drouhin-Laroze.
It is now run by Philippe and Christine Drouhin. Five generations succeeded one another since the orgin of the Domain until, Caroline and Nicolas, children of Christine and Philippe, will represent the sixth.
Each successive generation has made its own contribution to developing and improving the estate, in terms of both size and quality of its appellations.