Marchesi Di Barolo
Marchesi di Barolo historical cellars are located in the town of Barolo, in the building overlooking the Castle of the Marquis Falletti.
The story begins with Pietro Emilio Abbona who after having introduced the wine from Barolo to the most important world wide expositions of the late 1800's and early 1900's, with the help of his sisters Marina and Celestina, continued for the rest of the century to build up the winery presenting it to the world markets and therefore contributing to make Barolo wine and its town the legend it is now, dear to all gourmets and lovers of quality.
Today Marchesi di Barolo is headed by Anna and Ernesto Abbona the 5th generation. The vineyards of Barolo include also some of the best Crus like Cannubi, Sarmassa, Coste di Rose, but also Preda, Castellero, Vignane, Boschetti, Ravera and Fossati, which represent the excellence of the 'Barolo from Barolo'.