Les Caves Byrrh
Around 1860, Simon and Pallade, two young brothers from a humble family of five children whose father was a mule-driver, decide to leave their home in the village of Corsavy for the Roussillon plain.
The two brothers work as travelling merchants and sell fabric, haberdashery and wine.
After a long period of travelling around the area, they decide to settle in Thuir where they open a shop.
On September 14th 1866, Simon and Pallade form a company before Maitre Auge, Notary in Thuir.
This was the beginning of a wonderful adventure.