Bodegas Club Arfe
Like any good Jerezano, Luis Arroyo Felices dreamed of his own bodega to occupy himself during retirement. After a 35 year career as an oenologist, the last 20 of them with Garvey, his opportunity arose in the year 2000 when the firm went into liquidation and he had to retire earlier than expected.
He had bought a very old bodega in the Calle Molino del Viento in the heart of the old bodega district in the highest part of the Barrio San Miguel. The old bodega had been restored in 1767 by its then owners, the Orbaneja family, and a stone plaque on the first pillar recounts this. It had once belonged to Cabeza y Zarco. The bodega name is an acronym of Luis surnames.