The history and tradition of Polmos Torun dates back to 1884. At the end of the 19th century little amounts of rectified potato spirit were manufactured in Torun and the production capacity did not change at the beginning of the 20th century. H.A. Winkelhausen Incorporated Company established in 1923 operated until 19th August 1925 when it was compulsorily taken over by the State Treasury and simultaneously handed over to the control of the State Monopoly of Spirit Industry. The production of potato spirit and grain alcohol was maintained and the quality of the products improved considerably. Towards the end of the 70's Torun Establishment underwent a thorough modernisation. Essential elements of the production system were replaced and in 1986 a vodka bottling plant and a factory of low-alcohol creams were opened in Polmos Torun. At that time the company operated as a unit within the business structure of Polmos Enterprise of Spirit Industry in Warsaw. The company opened the production of vodkas made by all Polmos firms according to the same formula including: Extra nytnia, Wyborowa Vodka, Krakus, Polonaise, Luksusowa Vodka. The said products as well as lemon and orange creams found approval among the consumers. After 1991 much emphasis was put on the creation of original recipes that would distinguish the company. Therefore, the company started the production of totally new alcoholic drinks, most of which were met with appreciation and even distinguished during prestigious consumer fairs both at home and abroad. Today Polmos Torun enjoys a good reputation and is in high repute.