Dijon, 1836, in the fields round the city of the Dukes of Burgundy, a local man, Auguste Denis Lagoute founded a liqueur factory and an absinthe warehouse on the site where Lejay-Lagoute now stands.
In 1858, the daughter of Denis Lagoute, Elisabeth, married Henri Lejay. This marriage was to associate the families with the firm's destiny and join the two names on the company's sign; the Lejay-Lagoute trade-mark was born.
In 1926, Gabriel Damidot, the grand-father of today's managing director, took over the firm and brought in the technological reforms and modern style of management that were to enable Lejay-Lagoute to consolidate its expansion and maintain its international competitiveness right up to the present day. Now totally absorbed by the extension of the Burgundian capital, the firm's 18.000 m2 are fully integrated into the life of the city or, even better, are part of its cultural heritage.
A rare example of an industrial site set up in the very heart of the city, where alone the fruit can occasionally be smelt in the neighbouring residential areas.