TheDrinkShop.com Logo

Coleburn

Coleburn Logo

Settled below the road from Rothes to Elgin, Coleburn distillery, whose buildings are still in good condition will probably never produce whisky again. Owned by Clynelish up to 1916, it belongs to the D.C.L. (Distillers Company Ltd.) since 1930. The distillery was refurbished in the 1950's and 1960's. Coleburn closed in 1985. Its whisky is still available in the collection of "Rare Malts" and from independent bottlers such as Gordon & MacPhail.