North Port-Brechin

North Port-Brechin Logo

North Port was opened in 1820 by Townhead Distillery Company, three brothers David, John and Alexander Guthrie. It is said that the distillery takes its name from the North gate in the old city walls of Brechin. In 1825 Townhead Distillery Company became Guthrie, Martin and Co, it later became a limited company in 1893. The distillery was in production for under a century before it was bough by DCL and WH Holt Ltd. It was then transferred to SMD, it was silent between 1928 from 1937 production began again until it was mothballed in 1983. All that remains of the distillery is a commemorative plague where the chimney used to stand.


Don't miss the news.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.

Tag Cloud

Italy Rachel Orange Gin Pere Magloire Dom Dutch Treacle Bar and Kitchen Christmas The Pickled Olive Antonio Palmarini Rob Squire Hygge Pedrino Samantha Cox Callooh Callay One Percent Forest Double Dutch Halloween Panos Dimou Dave Marsland Toddy Jack Mitchell Denmark Jindea Timmy Falzon Birmingham Herno Gin Petrus London Arcane Estonia Shot craft beer Dark n Stormy 33CankStreet Xander Driver Will Edmondson Andy Graham Sam Vesey Video Venice Liverpool John Russell Lexa Ulijaszek Aviation Edinburgh Kyle Atkinson Liqueur Armagnac IO Premium Woolton Josh Beazeley KIN Pilla Brothers Valentine's Robert Burns Japan Alibi Joe Lynn Manchester The Milk Bar The Spirit Business Gin Masters Mixologist Andy Turner Funkin The Lakes Distillery Luke Bensley Chris Churchman Sam Baxendale Bounty Rum cocktails Sankey's Seafood Kitchen and Bar Fling Bar Services Award Byrrh Lanique Coffee Prosecco Isaac Jones Mr Black Viru Andrew Miller Hoxton Sommelier Sherry Erin Davies Little Mixers Rum St David's Day Atlantic Bar and Brasserie The Smugglers Cove Josh Ambrose Elliot Shenton Sacred Spirits Holly Law Whisky Spry St Patrick's Day The Bitter Truth Calvados Pussers Batanga Tequila Marquis de Montesquiou Hofmeister Cai Anderson Black Fire Coffee Liqueur Jerez Elliot Doyle Herno Goslings Rum Mayfield Joe Wilkins Covid-19 Steel Bonnets Goslings Select Aperitivo Le Verger 40th Anniversary Matt Hurst Adam Day Mecanica RinQuinQuin Old Tom Spritz Dishoom Cocktails Jefferson Marella Lockdown Cocktails Distll No9 Daffy's Wine Trailer Happiness Native Hannah Sharp Steven Young Chester Ron Coclon Blended Malt Reading