Ardmore   Ardmore Logo

On the Eastern edge of Speyside at Kennethmont between the River Bogie, the Clashindarroch Forest and the foothills of the Grampian mountains lies Ardmore Distillery.

It was founded in 1898 just before the collapse of the whisky market a year later due to over supply.

Its survival can be attributed to the fact that it was built to maintain malt supplies for Teachers' Highland Cream.

Ardmore is from the Gaelic, Ard-moi, meaning "big slope".