Balblair   Balblair Logo

In the village of Edderton, formerly known as the "parish of the peats", lies Balblair Distillery, surrounded by beautiful countryside. The distillery, named after the nearby Balblair Farm, where it was originally built in the 1790's, moved to its present site in 1895.

The buildings have changed little since then, the main characteristics being the pagoda roofed kiln, sadly no longer in operation, and the 70 foot high red brick chimney, both visible for miles around.