Glenugie was the easternmost distillery in Scotland, located in the Peterhead, the fishing capital of the north-east. The distillery was first established in the 1830's, and was completely rebuilt in 1875. Although enjoyable, its produce never attained the status of a classic. Glenugie Distillery was closed permanently in 1932 and sold outside the industry. Although there were never any official bottlings under its own label, supplies from the independent merchants are still available.