From 1958 to 1981 Glenburgie distillery produced a second whisky called Glencraig. It was one of the four Ballantine distilleries to have Lomond stills installed. Lomond stills differ to a standard pot still as the swan neck is cylindrical in shape. There is a water jacket at the top this controls the amount of reflux (the amount of vapour that condenses or runs back down into the still) during distillation. As the characteristics of the whisky differs to that of Glenburgie they named the it Glencraig. The whisky was named after the Production Direction Mr William Craig, he is one of the few people to have a Single Malt Whisky named after them.