The two Meukow brothers, Auguste-Christophe and Gustave came from Silesia in the 1850's sent over to France by the Tsar Alexander II with the assignment of supplying the Russian Royal Court with Cognac then founded the House A.C. Meukow & Co on the 1st August 1862. A brochure printed in 1912 to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the firm, shows the considerable size of Meukow cellars and offices at the beginning of last century. Throughout the historical events, their successors kept developing the brand all over the world. Archives of the company shows shipments of Meukow to America, Argentina, China, Japan, Mexico - Meukow was sold in nearly all countries of the world and was universally recognized as one of the most reliable brands. Meukow has been served in different Courts of Europe and has been awarded the highest prices at the different exhibitions. In 1979, A.C. Meukow & Co joined the CCG Group of Companies, 5th largest Cognac House, owned and managed by the Coste family. Since the Eighties the brand is booming, taking advantages from a better organised commercial structure with agents all around the world. Particularly well known in the Far East markets, the Meukow Cognac is constantly gaining shares in the prestigious premium cognac market.